Thursday, December 3, 2015

Like A Newborn With Broken Wrists


like a newborn with broken wrists,
i like start each day
looking closely...

if having a fish means i need water
or having a car means i need gas
or having a dog means i need food,

then i would rather read the rules of my own skin instead.

washing it clean...
then making it dirty again..

i hide myself in the folds of my clothes
glancing into the outside world
as if it were a funeral.

because
when they ask me about death,
I tell em' I could trace a line
from my parents house
to theirs
with my own gushing blood
and they still wouldn't understand.

so that's why i cringe.

because i want to draft
all the thoughts from my head
onto the nearest tree
and watch them grow into somebody else's problem.

and these days
my eyes light up with bulbs
because everyone is always watching
so you might as well give em' a show.

but i cant afford
to be asked
how i'm doin
anymore without one of them going out.

No comments:

Post a Comment