Friday, December 11, 2015

@ you.

hey man
boy
whoever you are

its hard for me to write this
because i dont want it to mean less than it should

but here it goes

i didn't know you would make me non existent

but as i talked to you the ice caps started to melt
and i felt so heavy with love
that i could sink right into the sidewalk

i let my cup burn into my hand that night
leaving a round circle shaped like a cage

but i just wanted to say

im sorry

im sorry for the things that happened.

            because no matter how beautiful the apology
            there is just no decorating pain

so i guess this is a goodbye

a migration from the madness in the parts of ourselves we tried to hide,

a goodbye to my hand extended out to you
but touching only emptiness

a goodbye to the final tick of the clock
and the promise of a lonely lost heart that said she would never leave.

the disbelief of the shadows and dust
and the fading embers
of a once magnificent fire.

a goodbye to the unselfish times we wept, felt, loved, and lost everything we had.
together.

and in my head
i hold the blooming folds of each time we laughed and cried,
echoing, still, in the landscape of my mind,

saying to me,
goodbye.



No comments:

Post a Comment