Wednesday, September 9, 2015

The Quiet Nights


sometimes I forget how quiet the nights can be

the rain feels like bullets

against my porcelain skin
and the tick in my head just isn't going away

I think of you on these lonely nights


the very best shaded lips and honey hair the earth has to offer.


you remind me of a world I once knew

filled with cold hands wrapped gently around your lovers waist
a place I could never forget,
for it saved me.

the clouds continue to drip

as the milky orange sun dissolves into the sky

I pull my hair back

and sip my cup

what if you were as real as my cup was right now.

as I sip it, it can alway be refilled.
but is there always an refill for love?
my cup just sits.

I can hear the rain getting closer,

disrupting my train of thought.

I wonder what you are feeling right now.

as I use your worn down spirit to keep me warm.
how terrifying it would be
to know I could live without you.

the rain has now turned into bombs.

exploding against my glass window.

I want to scream at it

but my voice is completely gone.

and your picture in my head disappeared with it.



I curse the rain, for it has taken you once more.



Sometimes I forget, how hostile nights can be.


No comments:

Post a Comment